Fullstack Software Engineer
CluePoints is an innovative, fast-growing company and the premier provider of Risk-Based Monitoring and Data Quality Oversight solutions to clinical research organizations. Our products enable both risk planning and operational risk monitoring, and utilize advanced statistical algorithms to determine the quality of clinical trial data both during and following study execution. CluePoints is seeking outstanding candidates with strong data analytics aptitude and a passion for delivery excellence, to help drive customer success and broad adoption of the CluePoints solution.
In this role, you will collaborate with skilled engineers, Squad leads, and our lead application architect to find elegant and manageable solutions to new and complex product needs. As a member of the Engineering team, you will join a friendly and talented group of Engineers, within a dynamic scale-up company facing great engineering challenges.
Successful candidate will be able to:
• Build robust and scalable software using Python
• Refactor and perform code review
• Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
• Deliver new application modules and improve the current ones
• Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, improve application UI/UX and translate requirements into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
• Analyze challenging problems and successfully deliver results
• Collaborate with the team improving our Frontend and Backend technology stack
What you bring to the table:
• Experience (3+ years) interfacing with databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), with web-frameworks (Pyramid, Django or equivalent), following best practices (testing, design patterns, etc)
• Experience with a major front-end framework (Angular, ReactJS, Vue.js or similar)
• A strong background in OOP in at least one of the following languages: Python, Java, C# or C++
• Understand API structures, REST concepts as well as JSON data structures
• Be able to write clean, structured, and maintainable code
• Be able to write cross-browser compatible code
• Experience with Git or other version control system
• Knowledge of Linux basics
• Creativity and out-of-the-box thinking
• Capable of giving and accepting constructive feedback
Nice to have:
• Your experience with container orchestration and/or micro-service architecture
• Experience with D3.js and data visualizations is a plus
• Your experience in implementing SAAS/Cloud based solutions would be a big plus, as well as experience in software networking (ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ, Websockets) and continuous integration is a plus
• A constant desire to improve, to learn more and take things to the next level!
• Good in at least one of the following: Street Fighter, FIFA, Kicker (foosball) or Darts
• Be fluent in English
• Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science/Engineering
• Good communication, teamwork and problem-solving skills.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
• Flexibility is part of our DNA and you’ll find that at CluePoints you can work 100% from home or chose to come any day to the office
• If you choose to come to the office, you’ll discover a fun atmosphere with a kicker, PS4, nerf battles, and our newly addition a dartboard
• If you feel like a change of scenery, we have recently extended our offices to co-working spaces in Belgium.
• Many activities are often organized all over the year, such as soccer, team lunches, happy hours, board games nights! We also have running groups, languages lessons and much more!
• You’ll be able to work with a squad organization offering you ownership on projects, and work with high quality equipment like a powerful laptops with 64Go of RAM, an i9 and a 2K screens
• At CluePoints, learning, training and personal growth is part of the game: you’ll have access to online training materials, certifications sponsored by the company, personal growth plans and career paths to explore new opportunities.
• You’ll work for a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary and international team representing around 20 different nationalities, within an English working environment.
• You’ll have a challenging and rewarding job in an ambitious and fast-paced technology scale-up that has received many national and international awards including “Scale-Up of the year 2019”!
• Last but not least, we offer competitive salary and benefits, company car, bonus potential, employee referral programs