Senior Data Engineer
We are a disruptive, leading, and innovative SaaS company developing software and services that revolutionize how clinical trials are managed and new drugs are brought to market. Established in 2012, we have taken the Pharmaceutical industry by storm and are looking for exceptional individuals to help us ride the wave of growth we are seeing. As part of our continuous growth, new product introduction and market expansion, we're seeking an expert data specialist to join our dynamic team.
In this role, you will focus on working across multiple squads to identify data pipeline needs across the platform, planning technical solutions, and guiding the teams on what to build. You can expect some POC work and hands on coding to get things lifted, but largely this is an internal facing consulting/solution focused position to enable the squads and products to scale.
What You Will Be Doing
- Imagining, architecting, developing and maintaining data flow/storage/data lake of CluePoints’ SaaS application
- Working closely with the following team members: Product Owner, Tech Lead, Developers, DevOps, etc.
- Proposing technological evolutions to make our data architecture even more scalable and modern
What You Need for this Position
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science/Software Engineering
- Experience in OO programming languages like Python
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in data engineering
- Work experience with different data encoding types and data formats (e.g., JSON, CSV) and interact with various data sources as well as RESTful APIs
- Experience working with SQL data infrastructures such as MySQL
- Good knowledge of data modelling best practices
- Proven ability to design, develop, and maintain databases/data warehouses/data lakes and data pipelines/ETL for large data sets and interact with various sources
- Rigor and autonomy
- A constant desire to improve, to learn more and take things to the next level!
What would be an asset for your application
- Experience working with noSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Knowledge of clinical data standards like ODM (Medidata, Rave, Omnicomm)
- Good in at least one of the following: Street Fighter, FIFA, Kicker (foosball) or Darts
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- Flexibility is part of our DNA and you’ll find that at CluePoints you can work 100% from home or chose to come any day to the office
- If you choose to come to the office, you’ll discover a fun atmosphere with a kicker, PS4, nerf battles, and our newly addition a dartboard
- If you feel like a change of scenery, we have recently extended our offices to co-working spaces in Belgium.
- Many activities are often organized all over the year, such as soccer, team lunches, happy hours, board games nights! We also have running groups, languages lessons and much more!
- You’ll be able to work with a squad organization offering you ownership on projects, and work with high quality equipment like a powerful laptops with 64Go of RAM, an i9 and a 2K screens
- At CluePoints, learning, training and personal growth is part of the game: you’ll have access to online training materials, certifications sponsored by the company, personal growth plans and career paths to explore new opportunities.
- You’ll work for a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary and international team representing around 20 different nationalities, within an English working environment.
- You’ll have a challenging and rewarding job in an ambitious and fast-paced technology scale-up that has received many national and international awards including “Scale-Up of the year 2019”!
- Last but not least, we offer competitive salary and benefits, company car, bonus potential, employee referral program.