Senior Procurement Specialist
This position is mainly focused on acquiring equipment, software licenses and services while ensuring the best quality at the best value. Job duties are varied and complex, utilizing independent judgment and Saas industry experience.
Due to the nature of CluePoints’ SaaS business model, candidate should possess knowledge of a variety of technical commodities as well as experience with Services that are associated to the technology sector. The preferred candidate will have experience or knowledge specific to the following categories: Software, Software as a Service, Networking or Security hardware, Client hardware, and any support services that are associated to these product sets.
In addition, candidate should have experience with negotiating and executing contracts and agreements with Suppliers and other 3rd parties for all procurement activities.
- Consolidate, negotiate and manage the company-wide supply base and interface between our suppliers and our internal departments, with a strong tie to the finance department.
- Place, expedite, and status orders daily in accordance with CluePoints’ Purchasing/Finance policy.
- Monitor the cost, schedule, and scope of assigned standard and nonstandard contracts.
- Manage supplier invoice holds.
- Analyze company-wide spending trends and recommend cost saving opportunities.
- Identify, propose and initiate implementation of process efficiencies/improvements.
- Draft, negotiate, and review contracts and supplier agreements.
- Analyze spending trends and recommend cost savings opportunities.
- Manage and cultivate relationships with suppliers as well as internal stakeholders.
- Facilitate and manage Supplier Business Reviews as well as create and maintain supplier scorecards.
- Review and approve purchase requisitions that have been created by internal sources.
- Manage and resolve invoice or payment discrepancies.
- Enhance our sustainable procurement policy and metrics.
- Additional duties as required, including specific procurement projects to lead.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Extensive commodity knowledge, preferably within a Saas environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Customer service mindset.
- Negotiation skills, ability to multi-task.
- Minimum 5 years of purchasing experience, including at least 2 years of SaaS-related purchasing.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent.
- Excellent command of English (oral and written) – is a must.
- Organized, detail-oriented and refined time management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Team spirit