VP Product Operations & Quality
We are a disruptive, leading and innovative SaaS company proposing software and services that are revolutionizing the way clinical trials are managed, and new drugs are brought to market. Established in 2012, we have taken the Pharmaceutical industry by storm and are looking for exceptional individuals to help us ride the wave of growth we are seeing.
About the Role/the Team
The VP of Product Operations and Quality is a newly created role within CluePoints that we believe is pivotal to our growth.
If you draw your energy from tackling every day new operational challenges, like a fast-paced environment, enjoy problem-solving, and have the urge to improve processes on an ongoing basis, you will enjoy this role. READ MORE!
In this role, your mission will be to enable our product delivery teams to function efficiently at scale. To achieve this, you will be acting as the glue between all the teams connected to the product life cycle: engineering, R&D, Customer Success, Customer Onboarding & Support and Customer Projects Delivery teams. You will be the best sidekick of our VP Product Management by taking care of all the operational aspects of the product development and will play a key role in improving our quality & release processes.
With us, you will be working following the best industry standards in terms of Agile Software Development. You will oversight 7 squads out of which 1 is dedicated to rapid prototyping, 4 to product development and 2 to Future proof developments. This number of the squad may further grow to follow our growth.
What will you do as VP Product Operations & Quality?
- Software Quality vision & strategy
- Establish, execute, and improve our quality & release processes and ensure compliance with the established standards.
- Champion a culture of quality verification, continuous improvement, and transparency across the entire organisation.
- While you need to think strategically, you also have an hands-on approach to problem. You are willing to be highly involved in the day-to-day activities of your team and get your hand dirty as needed.
- Act as gatekeeper for product quality.
- Customer centricity
- Partner with customer-facing and operations teams to help them deliver the best experience to our clients and pave the way for smooth roll-out
- Act as an escalation point and manage complex client issues.
- Data-driven Productivity
- Define and manage operational metrics and KPIs to continuously increase team efficiency in a data-informed way.
- Define internal Product Operations processes, to increase the overall productivity of the Product Operations Team
- Develop a consistent method to track product health metrics and customer adoption metrics to drive our planning
- Identify likely root causes for key product health gaps (using quantitative and qualitative data) and present recommendations to address them
- Ensure proper documentation and sharing of Lessons Learned to drive a culture of continuous product and process improvement
- People Management
- Report directly to our CPO and work in close collaboration with our VP of Product Management & VP of Engineering
- Build and scale the Product Operations function.
- Take care of people management in all its aspects (hiring, performance and talent management including goal setting, motivation, coaching and development of individuals, plan and manage skill development, etc.).
- Support the team’s efforts to identify, communicate, and resolve interdependencies, risks, and issues. Help teams manage and resolve conflicts.
What do you need for this position?
- You have 8+ years of working experience in program or project management, product operations, consulting, or equivalent.
- You must understand how SAAS products are built; ideally, you have acted as Product Owner and have coached other agile teams.
- You love creating efficiencies and streamlining processes.
- You enjoy digging deep into the data, analyzing user feedback and using these insights to drive product and operational improvements
- You are an awesome project and program manager with a track record of leading and proactively managing end-to-end execution of projects/programs
- You have a real passion for people management and strive to take whatever it takes to equip your team with all that they need to be efficient and to grow your team
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills enabling you to act as the glue between the various team and to deal with complex customer issues
- You are a top-notch problem-solver and demonstrate swift, sound decision-making abilities.
Nice to have (or exciting to learn)
- Experience working at a fast-paced scaling company.
- Familiar with SOC 2 Type 2 and highly regulated environment