Senior Back-End Engineer (Remote Poland)
***Please apply if you are located in Poland***
We are a disruptive, leading, and innovative SaaS company developing software and services that revolutionize how clinical trials are managed and new drugs are brought to market. Established in 2012, we have taken the Pharmaceutical industry by storm and are looking for exceptional individuals to help us ride the wave of growth we are seeing. As part of our continuous growth, new product introduction and market expansion, we're seeking additional Back-End Engineer's to join our dynamic team.
In this role, you will collaborate with skilled engineers, Squad leads, and our lead application architect to find elegant and manageable solutions to new and complex product needs. As a member of the Engineering team, you will join a friendly and talented group of Backend Software Engineer, within a dynamic scale-up company facing great engineering challenges.
What You will Be Doing
- Build robust and scalable software using Python
- Refactor and perform code review
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Mentor junior team members
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Increase test coverage via unit tests and integration tests
- Analyze challenging problems and successfully deliver results
What You Need for this Position
- Experience (5+ years) interfacing with databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), with web-frameworks (Pyramid or equivalent), following best practices (testing, design patterns, etc)
- A strong background in OOP in at least one of the following languages: Python, Java, C# or C++
- Your passion and curiosity about new technologies (languages, frameworks, etc) and your understanding of API structures and REST architecture
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science/Engineering
- Willingness to become a Squad Leader
Nice to have
- Your experience with container orchestration and/or microservice architecture
- Your experience in implementing SAAS/Cloud based solutions would be a big plus, as well as experience in software networking (ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ, Websockets) and continuous integration is a plus
- Good in at least one of the following: Street Fighter, FIFA, Kicker (foosball) or Darts
- A constant desire to improve, to learn more and take things to the next level!
Oh, and by the way, we don’t need a cover letter!
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- Flexibility is part of our DNA and you’ll find at CluePoints you can work 100% from home or chose to come to the office any day
- If you choose to come to the office, you’ll discover a fun atmosphere with kicker, PS4, arcade machine, nerf battles, and our newly added dartboard
- If you feel like a change of scenery, we have recently added the option to work at co-working spaces throughout Belgium.
- Many activities are organized during the year, such as soccer, team lunches, happy hours, , LAN parties, board games nights! We also have running groups, languages lessons, and much more!
- You’ll be working within a squad organization offering you ownership on projects, and utilize high quality equipment like powerful laptops with 64Gb of RAM, an i9, and a 2K screens
- At CluePoints, learning, training and personal growth are part of the game: you’ll have access to online training materials, certifications sponsored by the company, personal growth plans, and career paths to explore new opportunities.
- You’ll work with a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary and international team representing over 20 different nationalities, in an English-speaking working environment.
- You’ll have a challenging and rewarding job in an ambitious and fast-paced technology scale-up that has received many national and international awards including “Scale-Up of the year 2019”!
- Last but not least, we offer competitive salary and benefits, company car, bonus potential, employee referral program.
Our Technical Stack
- MySQL, MongoDB, Redis
- RabbitMQ, Celery
- Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform